[python-committers] [PSF-Members] [Fwd: Re: Push rights for Ross Lagerwall]

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 9 14:23:46 CET 2011

On Mar 9, 2011, at 8:07 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> I don't care and don't want to argue (I insist about this) about
> religions, be it christianism or intellectual property.
> If you think a legal rule is needed, please just *ensure it doesn't get
> in the way*. That's your job as a self-proclaimed "protector of IP
> rights", not mine.

As I have already pointed out in this thread, the PSF is not a "self-proclaimed" anything. It was established by Guido precisely to ensure that the IP was unencumbered. So Guido clearly thinks the rule is needed.

I think Jesse has pointed us to some very satisfactory potential solutions. I also think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Electronic forms are easier to deal with, but I seriously doubt their absence has lost as much development effort as the total collective developer time already expended on this thread :-)

regards
 Steve