[python-committers] Pulling from contributors repositories

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 18:05:13 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:01 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> It's also possible that we should be encouraging greater use of
>> Mercurial Queues [1] and making them an official part of our
>> development process.
>
> Can you publish/push a patch queue to a remote repository?

bitbucket certainly lets you maintain a patch as a queue rather than
as a separate clone. I ran across it in the context of the Py3k port
of the PEP 380 patch:
https://bitbucket.org/rndblnch/cpython-pep380/overview

I don't have the personal experience to say how easy patch queues are
to share in general (if nothing else, they're designed to be easy to
export and import as ordinary patches for distribution that way).

Cheers,
Nick.