[python-committers] py3k frozen for rc2

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:49:07 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Georg Brandl <georg at python.org> wrote:
> Changes to the "What's new" are exempt, but I would love some volunteers
> to read through the document and note any issues or typos.

I put some comments up at http://bugs.python.org/issue11071.

Mostly minor typo stuff, but there are a couple of additional logging
changes that I think should be highlighted:
- the new "handler of last resort" functionality, which allows
libraries (such as concurrent.futures) to reliably use the logging
module to report unraisable exceptions.
- the new logging HOWTO in the docs which should hopefully make it
much easier for people to start making effective use of the package

Cheers,
Nick.