[python-committers] rc2 freeze due in two days

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Jan 29 00:00:12 CET 2011

While I agree the mailbox module is basically useless right now, the
fact that we are using the rc phase for common bug fixing means the rc
phase has become useless too. That may become a quality problem in the
middle term. On the other hand, if the RM refused all non-trivial
patches during the rc phase, that would force people to stop playing
games with the release process. The mailbox module's brokenness was,
after all, known for quite some time.

Regards

Antoine.