[python-committers] [PSF-Members] Code Simplicity » Open Source Community, Simplified

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 5 02:07:52 CET 2011

> Indeed. Mainline is the only branch where we *know* most patches need
> to be applied. It also means that people can contribute while
> maintaining only a single checkout, rather than necessarily needing
> all active versions.

Notice that you'll automatically will have all active versions
available, if PEP 385 is implemented. A single clone will have all
maintenance branches as named branches inside, so integrating
a bug fix should be a sequence like

hg update release32-maint
patch
hg commit
hg update default
hg merge release32-maint
hg commit -m merged
hg push

Sprinkle test runs into this to your taste.

Regards,
Martin