[python-committers] Create a Mercurial repository with a branch per issue

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Feb 4 13:15:42 CET 2011

Le vendredi 04 février 2011 à 13:08 +0100, Jesus Cea a écrit :
> I support this, but implementation would be non trivial.

Yes, it is non trivial, but it would be helpful :-)

> The problem is how to cope with security issues

As I wrote: if security matters, only core developers should be able to
run buildbots on such branch.

> how to change the buildbot
> reporting tools to NOT mix the results from different changeset.

Hey, the buildbots are already able to run on a specific SVN branch, it
is not something new. This service is already reserved to code
developer... Hum, I am not sure...

> That is not very sensible. For instance, you can
> see "red" buildbots, when those failing builds are not for HEAD and so,
> not relevant to anybody else.

Yeah, it should be improved, but I can be fixed later.

> Rebasing is good before committing to the "real" repository, but anybody
> with a checkout clone will suffer.

Why?

Victor