[python-committers] [PSF-Members] Code Simplicity » Open Source Community, Simplified

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Feb 3 22:36:58 CET 2011

On Feb 03, 2011, at 08:58 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>Exactly.  This is why I didn't do it that way it during the 3.2 releases; I
>was always waiting for the hg switch to happen, and until then I thought it
>best not to change the process.

Smart man. :)

We have a perfect storm approaching for the migration though.  3.2 will be
released very soon so we have a natural cut-over point.  The sprints will see
most of the stakeholders in physical proximity to work together to make it
happen.  We'll also have lots of non-committers around for some high bandwidth
tutorials getting the new workflows evangelized.

Seriously, if we can't leave Atlanta with the migration operational, we should
just admit defeat and stick with Subversion.

-Barry