[python-committers] English 'precise' is only an adjective, not a verb.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:01:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Jesus Cea <jcea at jcea.es> wrote:
> Thanks for the nice explanation. I find interesting that english, being
> so used to interchange verbs, adjetives and nouns, is so picky here :).

I have a T-shirt that says "English doesn't borrow from other
languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks
them down and goes through their pockets for loose grammar." (it's a
paraphrase of an older quote, but I forget the original). When native
English speakers view our language that way, I'm constantly amazed
that non-native speakers manage to figure it out was well as they do
:)

Cheers,
Nick.