[python-committers] Committer rights for Nadeem Vawda

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Apr 3 21:04:49 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2011, at 8:27 AM, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose giving committer rights to Nadeem Vawda.
>>
>> +1 to this proposal. Please ensure that Nadeem Vawda is "interested" too.
>>

> ... and that he's interested in being a long-term contributor.
>
> We don't benefit from having a large number of people
> with rarely used commit rights or folks that check-in a
> bunch of code and then disappear.

OTOH I don't see much of a cost either to having folks with
rarely-used commit rights (I am one myself :-), and I do see a risk in
placing the bar for commit rights too high (I don't want the Python
committers to be "growing old together"). So I think that it's enough
to require that someone is interested (always assuming we trust them).

I don't know Nadeem or his work so I'd abstain on this specific vote,
but the number of +1 votes (and lack of counter-votes) from people I
trust is enough for me.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)