[python-committers] svnmerge init on py3k branch fails..

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:13:54 CET 2010

Victor Stinner wrote:
> It's look like the repository is ok.

I confirmed this by looking at what Senthil's commit actually did on the
Python 2.6 branch - it just added some redundant info to the beginning
of the svnmerge-integrated property.

As that redundant info is no longer present, I expect svnmerge cleared
it out on a subsequent merge command.

I'm not sure if there should be any change in the wording of the FAQ
entry for this - maybe expanding on the last sentence a bit?

Current: "This is a one-time operation."
Possible change: "This is a one-time operation (i.e. only when the
branch is originally created, not when each developer creates a local
checkout for the branch)."

Cheers,
Nick.