[python-committers] Frozen branches in Hg

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Mar 15 09:02:36 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 00:40, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Thinking of that a bit more: after the Hg transition, shouldn't we be able to
> really freeze a branch that is in pre-release approval-needed mode?  It is
> trivial for anyone to commit a fix to their own branch, and then instead of
> pushing they'd have to notify the release manager to pull from them, as the
> only person who can push to the frozen branch.

Sure, that should be easy. We could also contemplate Mozilla's model
here: they have a hook that disallows all commits, but you can
override it by having a specific keyword in the commit message (so the guy who
broke the build can push his fix whoever he is, and everyone else will
know not to push).

Cheers,

Dirkjan