[python-committers] Python 2.6.5 rc 2

Jack Diederich jackdied at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 01:35:58 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> Hi Python hackateers!
>
> It looks like we finally have no more release blockers for 2.6.5rc2.  I would
> like to tag the tree tonight for rc2 so that Martin can build the Windows
> installer for a release tomorrow.  I am also moving the final release back to
> Friday March 19.

Someone just commented on http://bugs.python.org/issue5228
(making functools.partial picklable to play nicer with the
multiprocessing module)

I committed it a year ago to the trunk but didn't backport it to
26maint.  Should I tell the guy that isn't the kind of thing we
backport, that it is too late for a release candidate, or something
else?

-Jack