[python-committers] 2.6.5

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Mar 2 00:22:24 CET 2010

The tarballs for Python 2.6.5 rc1 have been uploaded, the branch tagged, and
the website fiddled.  I want to semi-unfreeze the release26-maint branch.
Since this was a release candidate, only patches fixing release blockers, or
other brown paper bag bugs will be allowed.  Contact me via email, bug tracker
or IRC if you want to get something in.

Please do download and test the release candidate with your favorite
software.  I won't announce it to the wider community until Martin has
uploaded the Windows installer.  Your testing will help make 2.6.5 final a
great, solid release!

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/

Cheers,
-Barry