[python-committers] Eric Araujo (merwok) as Distutils commiter

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 01:50:59 CEST 2010

Hello,

I don't want to maintain Distutils anymore for various reasons.  I
will focus for now on on Distutils2, shutil and sysconfig.

I would like to propose Eric (merwok on IRC) as a commiter to work on
Distutils. He has done a great work in triaging
the bugs and also has now a pretty good knowledge of the Distutils
code. He's a GSOC student for distutils2 and
has done a great coding work in there. I am pretty sure he would love
to do this as I did.

If this proposal is accepted, I will ask Eric if he accepts it and
wants to work on distutils maintenance, and follow his work until
Distutils2 starts to be used.

Regards
Tarek
--