[python-committers] PEP checkin process

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:16:23 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2010, at 08:17 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
>>Useful commands (using PEP 3150 as my example):
>>python genpepindex.py # ./genpepindex.py only works if Python 2.5 is
>>installed ./pep2html.py -b 3150 # Generate the PEP and open in a new
>>browser window ./pep2html.py 3150 # Regenerate the PEP (hit refresh in
>>the browser to see changes)
>
> Just run 'make' in the peps checkout directory.

That doesn't work for me by default since I don't have python2.5
installed (although it does turn out it can be made to work by
overriding PYTHON as Benjamin suggests). Not only that, but the
makefile builds all the PEPs when I generally only care about the PEP
I'm working on and PEP 0.

Basically, direct invocation of the Python scripts is simple enough in
this case that going indirect through the makefile didn't really make
things any easier for me.

Cheers,
Nick.