[python-committers] Blocking feature backports

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Tue Dec 7 20:45:32 CET 2010

Am 07.12.2010 12:25, schrieb Jesus Cea:
> On 05/12/10 20:00, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>> Personally, I'd still like to defer beta1 until after the Mercurial
>> switch (or alternatively, do the final 3.2 release from subversion
>> as Raymond suggested).
>
> I would vote +1 to deferral of beta1 until mercurial migration. Anything
> pushing mercurial migration would be good. But Beta1 is already out...
>
> Would be shameful to manage 3.2.x using svn...

Please read the updated schedule.  It is a good compromise between the
desire to have a speedy migration and the strain on the developers
involved in the release.  These are not just the release manager and the
binary builders, but also all those developers who need to commit bug
fixes, not all of whom might be comfortable with using a new VCS during
the beta or RC phase.

Georg