[python-committers] Blocking feature backports

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Dec 5 20:00:09 CET 2010

Am 05.12.2010 12:11, schrieb Georg Brandl:
> Am 05.12.2010 11:26, schrieb Nick Coghlan:
>> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Raymond Hettinger
>> <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> +1 for waiting until after the 3.2 release.
>>> It is just around the corner.
>>
>> It would be nice to have the structure of the build information
>> consistent across the whole 3.2.x series though.
>
> That, and I'd like to not have to make another maintenance branch
> in SVN for 3.2.

Then I'd like to repeat my request not to switch to Mercurial just
before the release candidate - have at least one beta release
before the Mercurial switch.

Personally, I'd still like to defer beta1 until after the Mercurial
switch (or alternatively, do the final 3.2 release from subversion
as Raymond suggested).

Regards,
Martin