[python-committers] When do we stop automerging from trunk to py3k?

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Apr 27 16:05:11 CEST 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 03:23:59 -0700, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> My guess is that more checkins are blocked than are allowed through.  So
> when will we stop the automerging?

As Antoine said, there is no automerging.  As for the number of commits
that get ported to py3k, it is almost all of them.  Only the ones that
are backports from py3k get blocked, and there shouldn't be any more of
those now that we are in beta for 2.7.  New features only go into py3k
at this point (and should get blocked on the 3.1 branch).  py3k-only
bugs go into py3k and then merged (by hand :) into 3.1.  But most bug
fixes still go into trunk, and are then merged to 2.6, py3k, and 3.1.
So currently almost every commit to trunk should get merged to py3k.
(There are a few exceptions where the bug only exists in the 2.x series,
or where the merge gets done without using svnmerge for one reason or
another.)

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com