[python-committers] [Python-Dev] On track for Python 2.6.4 final this Sunday?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:04:41 CEST 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Oct 13, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>
>> I still need to do some more tests, I didn't have time to try the
>> various projects under win32.
>> It's planned to night.
>>
>> The tests are consisting of compiling and insatling a dozain of
>> projects on linux and win32 (and bith when possible)
>
> Great thanks, let us know how it goes.  If there's any question at
> all about the fixes that have gone in since rc1, we should spin an
> rc2.

Just curious, how big a server does the linux portion of the test
require memory-wise?  Would, e.g. an Ubuntu 9.0x with 256MB do the job?

I ask because those types of servers are available for short-run jobs
for pennines per hour and I would be willing to work on the code to
fire-up, load them with the test suite, do the run, and shut them
down.  I happen to have a bunch of code lying around for doing such
things...