[python-committers] Survey about DVCSs compared to svn

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Sat Feb 28 17:41:22 CET 2009

Brett Cannon schrieb:
> I had a long reply all written out, but instead I decided to discard it so
> as to not continue to drag this discussion out. Why? The DVCS PEP is not
> even finished yet!
>
> Can you guys please let me finish the PEP before you start worrying about
> whether we are going to switch? At least give me the chance to make a
> decision on whether I think it is reasonable to switch and what to switch
> to. And then we can have a reasonable conversation where I update the PEP to
> address any questions that come up.

What I would *like* to see in the PEP is a discussion of support tools
for these systems.  For CVS, I have used pcl-cvs in XEmacs, and psvn.el
for SVN.
I guess there is a Tortoise variant available for all these DVCSs, but
for example (haven't tried it myself) weak support for mercurial in XEmacs.

Thanks,
Thomas