[python-committers] Survey about DVCSs compared to svn

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 28 08:22:13 CET 2009

jnoller at gmail.com wrote:
> The fact is is that DVCes *are* an improvement over subversion,
> especially around patch/branching/etc.

I think the core of the problem/discussion is that many (including
me) don't accept this as a fact. It has not been *demonstrated*
to me that they are better, and I don't accept word-of-mouth as
a proof. My own personal experience tells me git and bzr are much
worse than subversion (each in different respects).

Regards,
Martin