[python-committers] Survey about DVCSs compared to svn

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Feb 27 22:57:25 CET 2009

Brett,
  We really appreciate your work on this PEP, but I wonder if the process itself isn't causing some of this friction:

> Can you guys please let me finish the PEP before you start worrying about
> whether we are going to switch? At least give me the chance to make a
> decision on whether I think it is reasonable to switch and what to
> switch to. And then we can have a reasonable conversation where I update
> the PEP to address any questions that come up.

It sounds like you want people to hold feedback until you have finished the PEP - which will come complete with a *decision* about what to switch to, or not to switch at all?

It may be that people are concerned that if the PEP will be presented as a decision being made, the opportunity for meaninful input will have passed.

Could you clarify for me: how binding will your PEP be?  ie, will it be closer to a recommendation, or will the final PEP be a final decision about what will (or will not) happen?

Thanks,

Mark