[python-committers] DVCS and windows line endings.

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Feb 26 17:41:34 CET 2009

> Thoughts?

Procedurally, I think there are many open issues. I'm not sure
whether they get collected somewhere - so far, I took the position
that I'll wait for a final proposal of a specific technology, with
a specific demo setup, and then look what is wrong with this setup.

Among the issues that have not been adequately addressed so far are:
- conversion of the complete history
- performance of the tools
- availability of Windows support equivalent to TortoiseSVN
- pre-commit checks
- post-commit actions (such as commit emails, buildbot triggers)

I think this specific issue (text mode and line endings) definitely
belongs into the list of issues that need to be resolved, and I
think it should be show-stopper if it isn't adequately resolved
(i.e. it needs to be at least as good as CVS and subversion).

Regards,
Martin