[python-committers] Survey about DVCSs compared to svn

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Feb 26 16:15:07 CET 2009

Better, worse, or equal in what sense?  Obviously, *all* of them are
better in certain senses (patch-oriented instead of revision-oriented
approach, higher (?) development velocity, and not to mention the
oh-shiny factor).  However, it's highly questionable if any of them is
better if we take also *users* of the Python source code tree into
account.  SVN is ubiquitous in industry on all platforms.  The others,
not so much.  And the set of people capable of installing any of the
others but not SVN is probably non-existent.

</F>