[python-committers] new tarballs

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Fri Oct 3 01:28:35 CEST 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 6:26 PM, Benjamin Peterson wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Jeff Senn <senn at maya.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is whoever does the OS-X build on this list?  I have problems
>> building the
>> Mac OS-X installer build using the build script in the tarball...
>>
>> (Could there be uncommitted changes to Mac/BuildScript/build-
>> installer.py?)
>
> I had to hack the thing up a bit to get it to work. It's ugly, though,
> so I'll have to clean it up and commit sometime.

Hm.  Unfortunate to make a "release" that doesn't include quite the
right
build script. For the record, attached are my changes to the build
script to
get it to work.  (I'm trying to build the OS-X "stackless" variant for
distribution for 2.6).

I'm assuming that the following are correct and intended:

1- the name of the Mac python install folder in /Applications should
now be
    "Python<version>" rather than "MacPython<version>"
2- the filename of the released documentation from the ftp site
changed from
    "html-<version>.tar.bz2" to "python-docs-html.tar.bz2"

But I notice that your posted dmg does NOT include the
"Update Shell Profile.command"  Should that be gone now?

My /Library/Framework.../Documentation/...html files build slightly
differently
than yours...

Also I notice that my build has usually slightly smaller exe and .so
sizes
than yours (that could be due to different versions of compiler I
suppose)

Can you let me know when/if/where you commit changes to build-
installer.py?
Thanks,
-Jas