[python-committers] Cutting Python 2.6

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 2 23:08:21 CEST 2008

> How do you create the release tag so that it contains change
> sets A and A+2, but not A+1? (and no, creating a branch just for
> the release is no option, because that means you have to copy all
> the changes you made on the branch back to the trunk)

creating a branch for the release is no option?  that's odd, because I
do that all the time.  i.e.

   1 - create trunk snapshot by branching
   2 - build release kit from branch
   3 - tweak snapshot in branch if necessary, repeat from 2
   4 - when the kit is solid, tag the final branch
   5 - merge relevant changes back to trunk

</F>