[python-committers] 3.0rc2 schedule

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:59:07 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> We should reconsider whether 3.0 is ready for release candidates.
> Perhaps it makes more sense to rename rc1 to beta4 and fix some of these
> blockers.  Now that 2.6 is (mostly) out of the way, we can concentrate
> on getting 3.0 right.

Yes, with Victor's filesystem decoding related changes still to go in,
along with a a few other API changes to be forward ported from 2.6,
calling the current state of 3.0 a release candidate definitely seems to
be getting ahead of ourselves.

A big +1 from me for declaring it still in beta until all the 3.0
release blockers are fixed.

Cheers,
Nick.