[python-committers] 3.0rc2 schedule

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 2 08:47:52 CEST 2008

I propose that the release of 3.0rc2 is deferred until all release
blockers have been resolved (either by actually fixing them, or by
carefully considering that they shouldn't actually block the release).

What else is the point of having the "release blocker" priority, if
they don't actually manage to block the release?

Also, I would like to think that there shouldn't be any
non-documentation changes between the last release candidate, and
the final release(*). Otherwise, what's the point of calling it
a "release candidate" if it doesn't actually get released, later?
IOW, what's the difference to a beta release?

(*) Consequently, there doesn't need to be much more time between
the release candidate and the final release except but a few days,
or, at most, a week.

Regards,
Martin