[python-committers] Cutting Python 2.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 1 23:32:01 CEST 2008

> Yes, of course that makes sense.  What would be a better time for you
> Martin?  I would like to at least debug this aspect of the PEP so that
> next time we can coordinate better.

As I said: If you create the tag in your morning, I can do the binaries
before heading home. Please send an email message to
martin.vonloewis at hpi.uni-potsdam.de and martin at v.loewis.de when the tag
is done (along to all other people who need to know that the tag has
been created).

> I'm guessing the earlier in your day the better.  I'm generally online
> by 1300 UTC.  Maybe it makes sense to do the prep work the night before
> so the tag is ready by your morning?

Afternoon/early evening is fine. Not sure how much time you need: if you
can do it by 1600 UTC, that's good enough (I know that a release is
upcoming, so I would be waiting for your message).

Of course, if you rather prefer to do that stuff in your afternoon
(the day before the release): that would work for me as well. I think
people will accept the tree being frozen for more than 24 hours.

Of course, Anthony is in a different time zone, so when he created
the tag in his evening, I had all day, and the binaries would still
be available when he got up the next morning.

Regards,
Martin