[python-committers] PQM?

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 13:25:51 CEST 2008

2008/8/14 Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org>:

> it would be the developer who committed the broken change.  The problem of
> not having access to all the platforms, or not being able to debug problems
> on those platforms is a different issue.

I want to grab a little attention on this issue. It happened to me a
few times that I commited code that caused platform specific problems
(working with sockets, for example): sometimes it's all ok, but it
fails in *one* of the buildbots.

Fixing those issues is a PIA, because sometimes you may have some clue
of what could have gone wrong, but it's complicated, because you can
not try it.

Don't know really how to improve this situations. There're two things
that it'd be great to have, though:

- Not only the traceback, but a very detailed traceback to download.
With "very detailed traceback" I mean a traceback like the cgitb one:
with the state of all the objects in all the frames in the traceback.

- A VirtualBox image with the buildbot system ready to "svn up, make
and test". It needs to be done only once by somebody who knows that
platform. Note that we may face license issues here.

OTOH, I think I read somewhere that you somehow can send a patch only
to that buildbot... where I can read more about this?

Thank you!!

--
. Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/