[python-committers] [Python-Dev] next beta

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 12 20:49:46 CEST 2008

> I'll put my hand up for doing the Windows build as well (the x64
> buildbot has all the necessary bits and pieces installed).  I know
> some HP people that I could rope in to install the resulting IA64
> build and run rt.bat.

Notice that we both look for somebody to build the next 2.6/3.0 betas
(see the subject), and the 2.5.3 rc and final release (assuming Anthony
still has that plan).

My testing on Itanium is the mere "does it install?", "can I start both
cmdline and IDLE?", "is the help file the right one?". The test suite
itself will fail/hang - it always did in 2.5.x.

> We're not shipping PGO builds for 2.5.x are we?

No. I don't think VS 2003 supported that. I don't do PGO for the AMD64
build of 2.6/3.0, either, because I also have a cross-compilation
environment which prevents that.

> Martin, not sure if you've had a chance to do anything with the
> VeriSign certificates?  (Ambiguous question mark intended ;-)

Please see the most recent MSI files - they are all signed.

Regards,
Martin