[python-committers] Nominate Hirokazu Yamamoto (oceancity) for commit privs.

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Tue Aug 12 09:02:18 CEST 2008

Hi there Hirokazu Yamamoto,

Some of the other Python developers and myself are interested in knowing whether or not you'd like to become a Python committer.  We've noticed you're very active in the issue tracker and you always seem to be able to provide patches when the VC6/VC8 Python builds break (Christian Heimes would like to nominate you as the maintainer for the VC6/VC8 builds).

If you're interested all we need from you is a login name (i.e. hirokazu.yamamoto or yamamoto.hirokazu if you prefer), an e-mail address so you can be subscribed to python-committers, and an ssh public key.  Instructions for generating a key can be found in the Python Developer FAQ:

http://www.python.org/dev/faq/#how-do-i-generate-an-ssh-2-public-key

(You can send your public key to Martin: martin at v.loewis.de.)

Look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for your work with Python so far!

Regards,

        Trent.