[Python-buildbots] Need for another macOS builder for the buildbot fleet?

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Fri Aug 2 17:02:26 EDT 2019

On Aug 2, 2019, at 16:50, Matt Billenstein <matt at vazor.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 04:42:24PM -0400, Ned Deily wrote:
>> I have ideas of providing a set of VM-based macOS buildbots for various
>> releases but that's not going to happen right away.
>
> MacOS is hard to run in virtualbox - do you have a better way of emulating it?
> It would be nice if these were server-class VMs in the cloud imo.  The services
> that sell macOS vms have been spotty and fairly oversubscribed in my experience.

i've had great success over the years running macOS VMs in VMWare Fusion.  I totally depend on them on building python.org macOS installers.  I have VMs for the most recent updates of all macOS releases back to 10.5 and can run them under Fusion on any reasonably current macOS system.

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []