[Python-buildbots] buildtimes, success-rate

Michael aixtools at felt.demon.nl
Sun Apr 28 09:29:22 EDT 2019

On 25/04/2019 15:51, Zachary Ware wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 6:11 AM Michael Felt <aixtools at felt.demon.nl> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> Is there something missing from the AIX buildbots that there is no
>> record for the buildtime?
> I'm not sure what you mean.  Looking at
> https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/161 I see durations for
> every build (and a sudden jump from 1 hour to 2 9 days ago).

About 9-10 days ago there were several changes parallel with a change to
setup.py (where -D XYZ was used, rather than -DXYZ).

The last revision with "normal time" for bot 161 is:
2b7f93b99afbe78e4e567d9252d9470d29f387c8 - with:

10 slowest tests:
- test_tools: 4 min 41 sec
- test_concurrent_futures: 4 min 16 sec
- test_tokenize: 3 min 59 sec
- test_subprocess: 3 min 35 sec
- test_lib2to3: 2 min 27 sec
- test_venv: 2 min 3 sec
- test_asyncio: 1 min 38 sec
- test_ssl: 1 min 28 sec
- test_io: 1 min 21 sec
- test_zipfile: 1 min 18 sec

the first with the jump to 2 hours is:
926b0cb5f688808dc11448a0bf3e452d1b92c232 - with:

10 slowest tests:
- test_tools: 13 min 56 sec
- test_tokenize: 10 min 53 sec
- test_lib2to3: 7 min 27 sec
- test_venv: 7 min 21 sec
- test_subprocess: 7 min 21 sec
- test_concurrent_futures: 7 min 9 sec
- test_zipfile: 3 min 38 sec
- test_io: 2 min 58 sec
- test_regrtest: 2 min 49 sec
- test_asyncio: 2 min 47 sec

No idea what is causing this - I have not made any updates, system
config changes, etc. to the bot to explain this.

So, what I was looking at (I'll try pasting a picture) are the three
tabs in the middle of the page "Build Requests", "Build times", "Success
Rate".

>  Looking
> at https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/161/builds/1032 I see
> durations for each step of the build.  All of that is tracked by the
> master; nothing special required from the worker.
>
>> And, while I know my bot, runnig on xlc
>> continues to fail the multiprocessing tests (as a bot) the gccfarm bot
>> passes all tests, but has some link warnings (from a bad 3rd party library).
>>
>> Besides having a "yellow" exit color (warnings) - is this also
>> preventing the gccfarm AIX bot from showing as "successful" (in the graph)?
> Yes; there must be no errors, no warnings, and no test failures (all
> at the `test` step; compilation warnings in the `compile` step only
> mark the `compile` step yellow) for a completely green build.

So, looking at bot https://buildbot.python.org/all/#/builders/10, as far
as the bot process is concerned - this is still a "failure".