[Python-buildbots] Disable notifiations on broken workers

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Wed Apr 10 20:23:12 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 4:08 PM Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I propose to disable email and IRC notifications on workers which were
> never green (tests always failed):
> https://github.com/python/buildmaster-config/pull/86
>
> * Alpine Linux
> * Cygwin
> * "AMD64 Clang UBSan 3." (3.6, 3.7 and 3.x, surprisingly, 2.7 is green)
>
> Does anyone have a good reason to keep notifications for these workers?

Agreed.  Lets not notify about intentionally unstable workers until we are
happy that they can only report regressions.  I can speak for the ubsan
bots - the output on stderr regardless of tests passing is of interest to
anyone looking at sanitizers (which is likely why 2.7 is green - there are
still things that could be looked into on stderr).  tests passing and
failing ideally wouldn't happen but it looks like there is one test tripped
up by the sanitizer (test_venv) for now.