[Python-buildbots] Moving Python.org to Buildbot 9 + Python 3

David Edelsohn dje.gcc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:16:40 EDT 2017

When another project tried to convert from Buildbot 0.8 to 0.9 earlier
this year, it was a total disaster and had to be reverted.  I don't
know if 0.9 has improved substantially since then.

My experience is that 0.9 invested a lot of effort to make the UI
pretty, but it was much less usable. It also placed an order of
magnitude higher computational burden on the master. An under-powered
master could not be effectively queried and builds started to fall
behind.

Thanks, David