[Python-buildbots] Internal buildbot error?

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:26:34 EST 2017

It does seem like it might be a race condition of some sort - or at least
an unhandled case - in Twisted's process handling.

It's in the writer path, so I wonder if the umask operation completes
quickly enough, perhaps the output handle is in fact invalid by the time
the buildbot parent gets to that section of code.  The umask step looks
like it's only used by the DMG builder, not for regular test builds.

It's fairly uncommon - just twice so far across all branches under the new
master.  To be honest, we could probably just eliminate that step at this
point from the DMG builds (not sure it serves much purpose) or maybe add a
small sleep along with the umask to ensure the child process is around long
enough for the parent to complete the setup.

 -- David