[Python-authors] Introducing myself and Fluent Python

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Wed Feb 18 00:49:19 CET 2015

Hi, all!

I did not know this list existed until a few minutes ago. Congrats and
thanks to everyone who makes it happen!

I am Luciano Ramalho from São Paulo, Brazil.

I've been using Python since 1998, I've given three talks at PyCon US
in the past and now I am writing a book with O'Reilly titled Fluent
Python [1].

[1] http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032519.do

The e-book was launched last October in Early Release when it was
about 50% written. Sales and reviews have been very good.

It's now about 90% written: I'm working on the last two chapters.

One of the remaining chapters is called Concurrency with Futures: I
want to give a high-level intro to modern concurrency idioms in Python
3: the concurrent.futures module and asyncio.

I am having a very hard time creating simple but meaningful examples
to explain the workings of `yield from` (outside of asyncio usage) and
the `Futures` classes.

If any of you have seen particularly interesting but short examples of
these features, links will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Best,

Luciano

--