[Python-authors] New Python periodical. Interested?

Brian K. Jones bkjones at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:57:53 CEST 2011

 Hi all,

Since the demise of Python Magazine I've been considering what it would take to create a viable periodical devoted to Python. After having worked heavily on other publications (including basically creating Python Magazine in 2007), I'm well-equipped with pretty concrete ideas about where the pain points are and how to proactively fight them. So, in short, there will be another periodical for Python one day.

The question is more about "when" than "how" in my eyes, and the "when" depends on who might be interested in participating. When I say "participating", I'm talking about authors, but not *just* authors. To get running, there's going to be a need for other skillsets as well: specifically, we need a few developers early on to help create the tools to make creating a quality publication less onerous. While that's happening, we'll need designers to collaborate with on the look/feel fit/finish of the product. In short, think about what you do, and how it might be applied to publishing. Then shoot me an email :-D

I already own and plan to use 'pythonreader.com' as the domain for the publication. Over the next few weeks, I'll get some kind of spartan web presence going there that'll house a mailing list and eventually host everything else.

So if you're missing the old Python Magazine, and want to be involved in something with even more awesome (where 'awesome' means, in part, that it exists), let me know!

brian

--
Brian K. Jones
Sent over the internet