[Python-authors] bookoven.com

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 03:37:37 CEST 2009

On Sep 26, 2009, at 9:13 PM, will wrote:

> I've been toying with building a system that combines a wiki editing
> process with Sphinx tools allowing a group of people to write books
> using restructured text.  FLOSS Manuals (http://
> en.flossmanuals.net/) does a similar thing.  I was going to use this
> system for writing a Miro User Manual and a Miro Development Manual.
>
> There was a GSOC project for Sphinx to allow for inline comments
> through a web-site.  Did that project succeed?  I can't remember
> enough about it to find details or status.  That would be a useful
> feature, too.

I know what you're talking about but I haven't seen an update about it
recently, so I'm not sure.

> I haven't registered with Bookoven, so I can't tell what it does or
> how it does it.  I do think this kind of thing is interesting.

There are a few details in their FAQ (http://bookoven.com/faq/).  The
"Bite-Size Edits" feature for proofreading was particularly novel.
They also generate several digital formats from your manuscript,
although it isn't clear how much styling or what type of markup is
supported.

Doug