[Python-authors] Author Python Book - Packt Publishing

Michael Foord fuzzyman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:30:07 CET 2009

2009/12/18 Sunny Kansara <sunnyk at packtpub.com>

>  *Hi Everyone,
>
> I see a lot of questions been raised by authors before taking up a writing
> project. We have a crystal clear working style at Packt and we have made our
> royalty public as well which means we do not negotiate it and we do not
> hesitate to say it on public platforms.
>
> 16% royalty is given to authors on the net revenue generated from that
> book.
> *

What do you mean by "net revenue"? When I wrote IronPython in Action for
Manning the royalty was 10% of *gross revenue* to Manning (so 10% of what
they made from each sale - which is not the same amount as book sellers sold
it to the end customer). It seems to me that 16% of net may be a lot less
than 10% of gross depending on how it is calculated...

All the best,

Michael Foord

http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/