October 16 Scientific Computing with Python Webinar: Traits

Amenity Applewhite amenity at enthought.com
Fri Oct 9 23:59:55 CEST 2009

Friday, October 16: Traits
SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING WITH PYTHON WEBINAR
Hello!

It's already time for our October Scientific Computing with Python
webinar! This month we'll be handling Traits, one of our most popular
training topics.

Traits: Expanding the Power of Attributes
An essential component of the open source Enthought Tool Suite, The
Traits package is at the center of all development we do at Enthought.
In fact, it has changed the mental model we use for programming in the
already extremely efficient Python programming language.

Briefly, a trait is a type definition that can be used for normal
Python object attributes, giving the attributes some additional
characteristics: initialization, validation, delegation, notification,
and (optionally) visualization (GUIs).   In this webinar we will
provide an introduction to Traits by walking through several examples
that show what you can do with Traits.

Scientific Computing With Python Webinar: Traits
October 16
1pm CDT/6pm UTC
Register at GoToMeeting

We hope to see you there! Also, don't forget that this free event is
open to the public. Use the link at the bottom of this email to
forward an invitation to your friends and colleagues.

As always, feel free to contact us with questions, concerns, or
suggestions for future webinar topics.

Have a great weekend,

The Enthought Team
Enthought, Inc.
Quick Links
www.enthought.com
code.enthought.com
Facebook
Blog

Forward email

This email was sent to leah at enthought.com by amenity at enthought.com.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |
Privacy Policy.
Enthought, Inc. | 515 Congress Ave. | Suite 2100 | Austin | TX | 78701