[Python-africa] HELP

Sicelo absicsz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 09:19:03 EST 2017

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 04:25:53PM +0200, Jessica Upani wrote:
> "I'm supposed to write a config app that reads from an sftp server. It's
> supposed to drop and fetch files from it. Any idea on how to go about it?"
>
> Any kind of help will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help in
> advance.

I am still very new to Python, so I cannot really help with code so
much. However, to solve the problem, it is important to understand what
an sftp server is - it is simply an SSH server.

So, all that is needed is to use a Python SSH module (seems paramiko is
considered the best). Alternatively, there is also pysftp.

With this background info, I hope your friend can do it.

Regards
Sicelo A. Mhlongo