[Python-africa] Newbie Python questions

Ibrahim DIOP diopib at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:59:05 EST 2016

Hello Chavoux Luyt,

 1. there are python editors & IDE that you could find interesting like:
      - sublime [ https://www.sublimetext.com/ ]
      - atom [ https://atom.io/ ]
      - Pycharm [ https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/ ]
      - Komodo [ http://komodoide.com/ ]
      - etc.

 2. it depends on exactly what you want to achieve. for data crunching,
     see github showcase page on data and science related project [
https://github.com/showcases/science ]

  3. For web related projects, python has a good set of web frameworks.
      The most known of them is Django [ https://www.djangoproject.com/ ] .
       You have also other options like flask [ http://flask.pocoo.org/ ],
        cherrypi [ http://www.cherrypy.org/ ], webpy [ http://webpy.org/ ]
etc... Just you what suits you.

Speaking of diving into python, here are 2 awesome python tutorials:
    - Dive into python [ http://www.diveintopython.net/ ]
    - Learn python the hard way [ http://learnpythonthehardway.org/ ]

I hope that helps,
-Ibrahim