[Python-3000] Hi

Quentin Gallet-Gilles qgallet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:21:05 CEST 2008

Hi Andreas,

- There are alternatives to the mailman interface. Gmane, for instance, is
searchable : http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.python%2d3000.devel

- I suggest you take a look at the 2.6 library reference (
http://docs.python.org/dev/library/index.html). For the "commands" module,
you'll see the following warning :
"In 3.x, getstatus() and two undocumented functions (mk2arg() and mkarg())
have been removed. Also, getstatusoutput() and getoutput() have been moved
to the subprocess module."
Also, if you follow the link to the subprocess module documentation, you'll
see many examples on how to do what you want.

By the way, those questions are best answered on comp.lang.python. This list
is about the core development of Python3000 exclusively.

Cheers,
Quentin