[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] dbm.sqlite

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Sep 10 14:09:32 CEST 2008

On Sep 10, 2008, at 5:23 AM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I actually find it helpful to have the PyPI packages that ended up in
> the stdlib use different names, since that opens up the possibility
> to use the more current releases from PyPI in an application.

I'm with Marc-Andre on this; using the same module names for different
codebases is a pain.  The standard library and the rest of the Python
world shouldn't overlap module names (this is part of why many have
requested a separate namespace for the Python standard library).

   -Fred

--
Fred Drake   <fdrake at acm.org>