[Python-3000] Backporting multiprocessing?

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Oct 22 15:02:45 CEST 2008

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> I checked in the contents of my multiprocessing.tar file and opened issues
> #1 and #2.

I added a setup.py, disabled recv_bytes_into for now and fixed lots of
naming issues. The multiprocessing code is using the new names of the
threading module (current_thread, is_alive etc.) but Python 2.5 just
have the old names (currentThread, isAlive).

$ python2.5 setup.py build_ext -i
$ PYTHONPATH=Lib python2.5 Lib/test/test_multiprocessing.py

ERROR: test_connection (__main__.WithProcessesTestConnection)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "Lib/test/test_multiprocessing.py", line 1220, in test_connection
     self.assertEqual(conn.recv_bytes_into(buffer),
AttributeError: '_multiprocessing.Connection' object has no attribute
'recv_bytes_into'

Ran 123 tests in 12.309s

FAILED (errors=1)

:)