[Python-3000] the release gods are angry at python

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 19:43:25 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 5:52 PM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>     >> The next releases of 2.6/3.0 are planned for April 2, just over a
>     >> week from now.  There is much work that needs to be done.  The
>     >> buildbots are in a pretty sad state and the gods are seeing too much
>     >> red.
>     >>
>     >> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/stable/
>     >> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/
>
>  Is there some reason the "g4 osx.4 trunk" buildbot isn't running?  When I
>  checked it this morning it was idle with two pending.  I forced a run.  I
>  checked later today and it showed five pending.  Now it shows 10 pending.
>  It looks like its last run was about 18 hours ago.  You would think by now
>  it would have been able to make another run.  It pings fine.

I logged in to the machine an the buildbot is running.  I think what
happens is that sometimes the master loses track of the slaves.  The
fix requires restarting the master, but I didn't want to do that last
night while there were still builds going on.  I'll try to find a
quiet time tonight and restart the master.  I expect that will fix the
problem.