[Python-3000] Enough with the u"string" already!

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 24 23:05:04 CET 2008

> Since 2.4  Python uses the AST tree to access the future flags. But the
> string unicode literals require the information before the AST tree is
> created.

"We" should have considered that 2.5 still had to support future
statements in the parser, for the with_statement, so I think this would
have been unnecessary.

Whoever implemented "from __future__ import print_function" knew about
that, and added it were it belongs (even though the function name
has the work "hack" in it).

Regards,
Martin