[Python-3000] Silent failing unit tests.

Alexandre Vassalotti alexandre at peadrop.com
Mon Mar 3 02:56:57 CET 2008

Hi,

Since I got some free time during my study break, I started to work
again on my stuff. Hopefully, I finish off pickle. :-) Anyway, I found
weird while merging the py3k branch into my private branch. I found
some failing unit tests that don't report any failure when run with
regrtest:

test_pty
test_largefile
test_ossaudiodev [this one has been known to fail for while now]
test_pep247

There is probably others that I haven't noticed. You can try to find
other "silent" tests by watching the output of:

  % for t in Lib/test/test_*; do ./python $t; done

Cheers,
-- Alexandre